Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating an association corrupts the Data Profiling service!

Hey everybody. I've been trying to build a QlikSense application for a while now. What a great and fun tool!

However, I've run into a really strange problem that I can't figure out any way to solve. I have two tables with a common field between them, so naturally they need to be in an association. The problem is, when I load both tables into the Data Manager, it does not detect that there is a common field in the tables and does not automatically create the association.

Okay, no problem, I'll just create the association manually. However when I do this, Qlik shows me that there is 0 compatibility between the two fields (represented by the circle with the colored bar going around it - in this case, the bar is RED and it is barely going around the circle at all.) Then when I click "Associate", Qlik thinks for a while, and then completes its task, but the two tables still have no association between them visually. And to make the problem even worse - if I click "Load Data" after doing this, the Data Profiling service breaks completely!

Every time I go into the Data Manager after this, I'll start getting the error message "Data Profiling service connection failed. Refresh your browser." and this will happen every single time I load the app, with no obvious way of repairing it. So from my point of view the entire app is then corrupted as I've lost the ability to load any more data. Thank god for backups!

Does anybody have any idea what's going on? Has anybody run into anything like this before?

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Still struggling with this - we need to get the app built but we can't load any data. "The Data Profiling service is not available" and now we are getting the error message "No available Qlik Sense engine was found."

Has anybody struggled with anything like this before?

Is there a better place to ask questions like this? Hoping to find some answers soon as we need to get our application built....

Digvijay_Singh

Can you share a small sample of your data. Is the field you are trying to associate is of timestamp type? they don't match normally between different tables. The problem you are facing is unusual so I feel something wrong with the field values causing this issue. More can be identified once you share the sample data/app

rkspareek1992
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I am facing issue in qliksense server as:

Capture1.PNG

Kindly suggest how to resolve ????

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Its better to create a new post to ask a question. By all means include a link to this thread if you believe that it will help explain your issue.

Creating an association corrupts the Data Profiling service!

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
dvickers
Contributor III
Contributor III

Yes, this is an issue Qlik Feb 2019 release as well. We're raising a bug with Qlik to address. 

nchartier
Contributor
Contributor

When this issue will be resolved ?