Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

fer_damas
Contributor

Re: Creating folder connections in Qlik Sense Server

I can't! Even though the qliksense.srv does has access to this folder, i am not able to create that connection. Any hints?

fer_damas
Contributor

Guys, tried everything detailed in your answers, with no success yet

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Hi Fernando,

Sorry for the delay - these types of things are hard to troubleshoot when you are not on site.

Check out this embedded video, I posted it on YouTube under my personal account as unlisted. It is about 5 min long.  I created this to show you what I did to get this to work and maybe this will better help us understand the problem or perhaps provide some solution.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
fer_damas
Contributor

Michael!

So gentle of you to record a video just to help me out. Thanks a lot!

With your help, I discovered the problem:

The QlikSense user actually had access to that folder. But he was included in a especific group in the server 1, which the server 2 couldn't look at. I just asked IT here to grant access to the qliksense.srv itself, and don't just insert it in a group. After that, i was able to manage the connection.

Again, thanks a lot, buddy.

Fernando

Employee
Employee

AWESOME, this is great to hear, glad I could be of assistance.

If you know me by now - I LOVE THE POWER of VIDEO! New to Qlik Sense Videos

Stay well my friend.

Mike T

Qlik

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik