Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prma7799
Master III
Master III

Creating group based on field

Hi All,

I am having below chart in that I wanted to created groups .  

Current Output

current output.png

Expected Output 

Expected output.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kushal_Chawda

@prma7799  You can't associate measures with dimension values. To do that you need synthetic dimension to further have a grouping of measure.

You can create one inline table which is linked to call_type with measure name. You can add all the required measure name

Measure:
load * inline [
Call_type, Measure
Inbound, Inbound Avg Offered
Inbound, Inbound Calls Offered
Outbound, Outbound Avg Offered
Outbound, Outbound Calls Offered ];

Now you can create pivot table with Dimension Call_type, Date and Measure. Drag the Date horizontally.

Now you can write the below expression in pivot

=pick(match(Measure,'Inbound Avg Offered','Inbound Call Offered','Outbound Avg Offered','Outbound Call Offered'),
Expression for Inbound Avg offered,
Expression for Outbound Avg offered,
Expression for Outbound Avg offered )

Note: If your measures are same for both inbound and outbound which is already associated by Call_type then no need to specify Inbound  and outbound in Measure name 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Taoufiq_Zarra

@prma7799  for example you can add calculated dimension as :

=if(isnull(textbetween('_'&Data,'_','Calls')),textbetween('_'&Data,'_','Avg'),textbetween('_'&Data,'_','Calls'))

like for this example :

Input:

Capture.PNG

and the output :

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
Taoufiq_Zarra

@prma7799  ah and for the second dimension you can use also :

=if(len(Mid(Data,index(Data,'Avg') ))=0,Mid(Data,index(Data,'Calls') ),Mid(Data,index(Data,'Avg') ))

the new input and output

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
prma7799
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi Taufiq,

Thanks for response,

your expression is looks like good but in my chart there are no inbound and Outbound values present. I am just given an example. I have one field called Call Type on the basic of that I wanted to bifurcate the above group.

See in my actual chart there are 9 measure of each groups and the all measures have been filter with call type .

e.g Count({<Call_type= {"Inbound"}>}Calls Offered)

Kushal_Chawda

@prma7799  You can't associate measures with dimension values. To do that you need synthetic dimension to further have a grouping of measure.

You can create one inline table which is linked to call_type with measure name. You can add all the required measure name

Measure:
load * inline [
Call_type, Measure
Inbound, Inbound Avg Offered
Inbound, Inbound Calls Offered
Outbound, Outbound Avg Offered
Outbound, Outbound Calls Offered ];

Now you can create pivot table with Dimension Call_type, Date and Measure. Drag the Date horizontally.

Now you can write the below expression in pivot

=pick(match(Measure,'Inbound Avg Offered','Inbound Call Offered','Outbound Avg Offered','Outbound Call Offered'),
Expression for Outbound Avg offered,
Expression for Outbound Avg offered )

Note: If your measures are same for both inbound and outbound which is already associated by Call_type then no need to specify Inbound  and outbound in Measure name 

prma7799
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi Kushal ,

I have tried your solution but I am getting duplicate values for Inbound and Outbound call offered and when I add expression for outbound call offered that values shows into Inbound avg offered.

output.png

in above I wants to show 0,207,230,0,177,34 this value Guard>> Calls Received.

In chart I have wrote pick match as you suggested but in expression I have added first property calls received and next Guard calls received expression but it showing differently.

Thanks