Creator II
Creator II

Creating security Rules in Qlik sense

Hi All,

We have 3 kind of Customers,

Secret Customers

Mega Customers

General Customers.

Secret Customers should have an access for Secret Customers group as well as General Customers

Mega Customers should have an access for Mega Customers group as well as General Customers.

And for only General Customers  access Secret and Mega Customer group is not visible.

I am very new to Qlik sense.

Could you please suggest based on above scenario's how should I start to define security rules.

Thanks

4 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi kishor, security rules are used to give access to objects (apps, connections, streams, ...)

If you want to restrict access al record level of an app (in the same app some users sees some data and some users other data) you should look for section access.

Section Access

Data Reduction – Yes, but How?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you mean streams when you say groups then have a look at Qlik Sense Stream Management Security Rules and Exception Management - YouTube. It explains what you need to do.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
kishorj1982
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for the response.

Could you please suggest what kind of security rules do i need to design based on above scenarios.

Obviously I need to design secrity rules on stream level, but after watching video I am not getting how to proceed further.

Thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you need stream based access then follow exactly the steps in the video. The only thing you need to change are the names of the streams and the values of the custom property and the users.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand