cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdxs13
Contributor
Contributor

Crosstable, NULL handling via SQL

QlikSense is connected to a SQL db view. There are 3 columns that I'm trying to put into 1 filter using CROSSTABLE. This works, however, the records with NULLS in all 3 columns are dropping off. I've tried many solutions from QlikCommunity with similar issue, to no avail. 

I've attached a qvf file with sample data, but my issue isn't with excel, it's with pulling in the data from SQL. 

Labels (1)
3 Replies
vmoreno2605
Creator
Creator

Use a dummy value to replace your null values, something that is not in your field, like -1 or xxxx or 999999, somethng like that, i hope that helps you because is the only idea i got.

Good luck!

sdxs13
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks vmoreno2605, I already tried replacing null with dummy values in both SQL and the Load Script Editor. The result ends up adding more rows than it's supposed to.  The number of records is 798K, when I add dummy values it goes up to 1-2M. I'm not sure why that's happening.

Also, the other thing is, if I replace only the first of the 3 columns with a dummy value, then the record count is only over by 43K. I'm not sure which records are being doubled.

Wlad_Masi
Employee
Employee

Hello there,

I did some testing and it looks like it worked fine for me as you can see in the attached app.
I reduced the amount of fields to 4 so we can check the results easier.
In my test, GRP1, GRP2 and GRP3 became values of a new field, so your data amount went from 10 to 30 rows.

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.