Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronman10
Creator
Creator

Cumulative growth month on month in Bar Chart

Hello Everyone!

I am looking to create a bar chart showing month on month growth rates. I would like to see cumulative growth month on month along with a trend line so that the period where sales went down could be easily extracted, for the respective product. Please let me know how I can achieve this?

Best Regards,

Rony

45 Replies
sunny_talwar

Doesn't look right to me. For example 2017 Jan is 10, Feb is 20 and Mar is 30.... but YTM17 Jan is 10, Feb is 30 and Mar is 30? Why not 60? I don't think you are taking enough time to prepare a sample. If you want good answers, please spend good time on preparing a sample.

ronman10
Creator
Creator
Author

Below is an updated image.

Capture1.JPG

ronman10
Creator
Creator
Author

I am sorry about that. I have attached a new sample image.

ronman10
Creator
Creator
Author

Correctly calculated sample data below.

Capture2.JPG

sunny_talwar

Something like this should work

RangeSum(Above(Sum(Measure), 0, Month))

/

Aggr(Above(RangeSum(Above(Sum(Measure), 0, Month)), 12), MonthYearField)

ronman10
Creator
Creator
Author

Sunny,

Could you explain the expression? What is supposed to come in "Month" and "MonthYearfield"?

sunny_talwar

Month is a field which is your dimension... J, F, M, A... etc. created in the script like this Month(DateField) as Month.

MonthYear is a field which will include month and Year information and can be created in the script like this Date(MonthStart(DateField), 'MMM-YYYY') as MonthYear

RangeSum(Above(Sum(Measure), 0, Month)) is accumulating current year

Aggr(Above(RangeSum(Above(Sum(Measure), 0, Month)), 12), MonthYearField) is accumulating the last year

Does this help?

ronman10
Creator
Creator
Author

I have not created a cumulative field in my actual data. Do I need to create that. I apologize I am unable to understand how this formula would work.

ronman10
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

I did understand. Let me try this and get back to you. Thanks a lot Sunny.

Rony