Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronman10
Creator
Creator

Cumulative growth month on month in Bar Chart

Hello Everyone!

I am looking to create a bar chart showing month on month growth rates. I would like to see cumulative growth month on month along with a trend line so that the period where sales went down could be easily extracted, for the respective product. Please let me know how I can achieve this?

Best Regards,

Rony

45 Replies
sunny_talwar

It has been few days since we last worked on this... would you be able to provide the required output... what would the numbers be when you see them with MonthYear as your dimension for both

ronman10
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes. I was on leave for the past few days. Numbers would be the same, in percentages. One chart would be month on month and the other cumulative. I just want the dimension to be continuous, i.e, Jan-14 to July-18 in one shot, Rest all remains the same.

Rony

sunny_talwar

Try these

Cumulative

RangeSum(Above(Sum({<[YearMonth.autoCalendar.Year]>}Volume), 0, Only({1}[YearMonth.autoCalendar.Month])))/

Above(RangeSum(Above(Sum({<[YearMonth.autoCalendar.Year]>}Volume), 0, Only({1}[YearMonth.autoCalendar.Month]))), 12) - 1

Non cumulative

Sum({<[YearMonth.autoCalendar.Year] = {"$(=Year(Max([YearMonth.autoCalendar.Year])))"}>}Volume)/

Above(Sum({<[YearMonth.autoCalendar.Year] = {"$(=Year(Max([YearMonth.autoCalendar.Year]))-1)"}>}Volume), 12) - 1

Capture.PNG

sunny_talwar

My bad, for non cumulative... try this

Sum(Volume)/Above(Sum(Volume), 12) - 1

Capture.PNG

ronman10
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks a lot Sunny!

Best Regards,

Rony

sunny_talwar

No problem at all. Glad I was able to help.

Best,

Sunny