Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunil-kumar5
Creator II
Creator II

Current Attrition Percentage of Employees

Hi Community,

I want to calculate the current attrition% of employees based on HR data like EE code, joining date and leaving date.

Can anyone please help on this?

Thanks

Sunil Kumar

14 Replies
Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

I am sure this is possible, I have down a similar app internally. Can you give a little more information? Are you looking at a certain date range ie 90 day Turnover, YTD, YoY etc? 

Saravanan_Desingh

Please share a sample data and expected output

sunil-kumar5
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Saran,

I am using my office laptop and not able to attached or paste any data as security does not allow me to do so. You can put an example like we have EE_Code, Joining Date and Leaving date on the basis of that we need to calculate the current month attrition rate along with what attrition rate we have in the year of 2020,2019,2018 and so on.

Please advise

Thanks

sunil-kumar5
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Steven,

we need to calculate the current month attrition rate along with what attrition rate we have in the year of 2020,2019,2018 and so on.

Please advise

Thanks

Usama
Creator
Creator

try this:

RangeSum(Above(Count(DateofTermination),0,12)) / RangeAvg(Above(Count(EmpID),0,12))

thanks

From Nothing - To Something - To Everything
sunil-kumar5
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please advice that would it calculate current month or year both. When I put this it shows me 58%, I am new to qlik so if possible please elabroate so that I can understand it.

Thanks

Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

So that Rangeabove function is typically used as a chart function and appears to be looking at a 12 month rolling number. 

Second question to help narrow down best way to help you. How are you trying to display the numbers? KPI table, chart? Each will slightly change method of calculation. 

sunil-kumar5
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Steven,

I want to display the attrition % in KPI and Year & month on chart so that there will be better understanding as what we have in current month and we had in previous months or years 

Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

@sunil-kumar5 

I used something similar to this:

Count(distinct{$<Leaving_Year={desired year}, Active={'N'}>}EE_Code)
/
Count(distinct{$<Active={'Y'}>}EE_Code)

Where we had created a field for active or terminated in the data also. (It was a helpful field to have!) you could also say Leave_date={">0"}. That basic construct flowed to most of the visualizations in my turnover app.