Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashishpalkar
Creator III
Creator III

Current / Previous Month and Quarter

Hi There 

I am looking for Set analysis or any other way to find current month / previous month and current quarter / previous quarter calculation. 

i.e When user selects any date from list box , it should show current month/previous month and current quarter/ previous quarter values.

I am date in below format.  cob_date - > 2019-06-28

measure name - "impact"

thanks for your help. 

11 Replies
bharadwaj
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi ashishpalkar,

I think You can achieve that by creating two variables i.e one for current month/quarter and one for previous Month/quarter as follows: 

1.Variable for current month: vCurrent=Month(Max([ cob_date],'YYYY-MM-DD'))  .

2. Variable for Previous Month: vPrevious=Month(Addmonths(Max([cob_date],'YYYY-MM-DD'),-1 )) .

Now create two set expressions one for current month and the other for previous month as follows.

1.Sum({<Month={$(=vCurrent)}>}impact) .

2.Sum({<Month={$(=vPrevious)}>}impact). 

ashishpalkar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

thanks for updates, any idea about current quarter and previous quarter? 

bharadwaj
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

yeah, just add the following before month in the current and previous variables:

i.e  v Current  = 'Q' & Ceil(Month(Max([Order Date],'DD-MM-YYYY')/4))  and

v Previous = 'Q' & Ceil(Month(Addmonths(Max([Order Date],'DD-MM-YYYY'),-1 )/4))

Note: I divided the expression  by  number 4  to get the quarter and you can use any value  based upon your business.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You might want to take a look at this example Sense app, that has a number of different prior periods coded for:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-Documents/Qlik-Sense-App-Prior-Period-Comparison...

ashishpalkar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi , I am getting dates Like below 

cob_date - > 2019-06-28

- > 2019-03-28

- > 2019-01-28

In above scenario this expression is not working vPrevious=Month(Addmonths(Max([cob_date],'YYYY-MM-DD'),-1 )) 

any suggestions?

bharadwaj
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Are you saying about the Quarter or Month. Can you just Elaborate it.

ashishpalkar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I am calculating previous month data. Data I am receiving is not consistent month on month basis.  

bharadwaj
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

That depends upon your date field(Cob_Date) . If your cob_date is as the pattern below
cob_date - > 2019-06-28

- > 2019-03-28

- > 2019-01-28
Then you have to replace '1' with '2' in the Expression. If possible Can you share the data set sample.
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You are missing the Date function, it needs to sit between the AddMonths and Max functions. The date mask is the second parameter of the Date function.

Steve