Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Custom Rules for Streams and App not working

Hi,

I followed Qlik Sense Stream Management Security Rules and Exception Management - YouTube

and Need help on Streams 'n' Apps Access

after applying custom rules for streams and app, I am able to see stream and app window, but not able to see sheets inside the apps.

What could be the reason.

Regards, Nitin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Nitin, this is the rule that's impacting your visibility on app objects.  Because you have set App_* it's only going to impact apps, not app objects.  Change it to App* or add App.Object_* to the Resource filter.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

Would really need to see the rules you created to answer.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hell Nitin - let me see if jog‌ can be of some assistance?

Jeff?

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

‌Nitin,

i agree with Mark that seeing the rules you have added would be helpful.  in absence of that a couple of things...

1. did you disable any rules that control app.object resources or have a resource set as app*?

2. App* in a resource will make the rule run against apps AND app objects.

3. for only apps, set resource to app_*

its been a while since i watched the video, but i figure what you are trying to implement is app level management and what has happened is the user has access to app but no sheets.

you may want to look at the Qlik Sense Governed Self Service  space on community and have a look at iportal and the governed self service configuration rules which include app level management.  Shortcut to gss rules here iPortal/gss_setup_guide.md at master · eapowertools/iPortal · GitHub.

like mtarallo stated, please mark help AND/OR answered if this response does the trick.

Cheers,

Jeff G

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

What is the custom rule you have created?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Following are the details.

1. Custom Properties :

1.1 AppLevelMgmt : Resource types:Apps, Users, Custom Property Values : Executive

1.2 Group : Resource types: Streams, Users, Custom Property Values : Executive, Finance, Operations

2. Streams :

2.1 Stream Name : Executive,  Group:Executive

3. Apps:

3.1 App Name : Enquiries : Restricted App : Custom Property Assigned : Executive, Published to : Executive Stream

3.2 App Name : Overtime : Unrestricted App : No Custom Property Assigned, Published to : Executive Stream

4. User:

4.1. User1 : Custom Property Assigned : AppLevelMgmt:Executive, Group:Executive

4.2. User2: Custom Property Assigned : Not Assigned AppLevelMgmt, Group:Executive,Operations

4.3. User3: Custom Property Assigned : Not Assigned AppLevelMgmt, Group:Executive,Finance

5. Security Rules

5.1 Disabled Default rule for Streams(App) access as per video.

5.2 Create Custom rule for Stream Display: Resource type: Stream, Action :Read,Publish  Rule :((user.@Group=resource.@Group)), Context: Both hub and QMC

5.3. Create Custom rule for XYZ Company App Access Default Rule - Resource Filter : App*, Action: Read, Rule: (resource.resourcetype = "App" and resource.stream.HasPrivilege("read") and resource.@AppLevelMgmt.empty()) or ((resource.resourcetype = "App.Object" and resource.published ="true") and resource.app.stream.HasPrivilege("read")), Context: Both hub and QMC

5.4 Create Custom rule for XYZ Company App Access Exception Rule - Resource Filter : App*, Action: Read, Rule: resource.stream.HasPrivilege("read") and ((user.@AppLevelMgmt = resource.@AppLevelMgmt )), Context: Both hub and QMC

After applying above rules, Users are able to see their respective Apps, but when they open the open, they can't see Sheets inside the App.

Now I am going to follow Jeff's suggestion regarding iportal/gss rules and post once completed.

Regards, Nitin

Outcome :

Not applicable
Author

Sure, I will follow the guidelines.

Not applicable
Author

Expected.

Not applicable
Author

Nitin, this is the rule that's impacting your visibility on app objects.  Because you have set App_* it's only going to impact apps, not app objects.  Change it to App* or add App.Object_* to the Resource filter.

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Jaffrey is correct.

App_ * will only refer to Apps and App* will consider App Objects and Apps