Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom color palettes in Qlik Sense

If I want to use a color palette - there are only two (pre-defined) palettes (12 colors and 100 colors).

I would like to define my own and use it as these two below (just select "use my palette").

Is it possible to define and use custom palette as below?

Or this is still an unsolved problem with Qlik?

This is how it works in Tableau:

you can define your colors and use it by "assign palette".

I am looking for the same in Qlik Sense.

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Might still be on its way in Qlik Sense.  Which version are you using ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

version 3.2 SR2

I cannot find any option to select my own color palettes...

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

you only need to select Custom if you want to change the settings.

You can find here:

You can use coloring by expression to accentuate certain values. Supported formats: RGB, ARGB, and HSL.

Expression: Enter the expression that you want to use. Click "fx" to open the expression editor.

The expression is a color code: Selected by default. In most cases, it is best to keep this setting. When the selection is cleared, the expression evaluates to a number, which in turn is plotted against one of the chart gradients.

Regards,

Philipp

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Philipp,

It doesn't allow me to create and/or use my own color palettes - this button show only some pre-defined color palette.

To be more precise - what I would like to do is named as "color scheme" (in Qlik), so I

would like to create my own color schemes and use it just by selecting.

I knew the option with coloring by expression - maybe it solves the problem, but this is really annoying to write a formula to use custom colors, especially when you have to create dozens of dashboards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Grzegorz,

sorry I knew only this two options. I wish you the best of luck to find a better solution. I will follow this tweet

Philipp

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Perhaps exploring the use of themes might give you a better outcome.

More Qlik Sense Themes (updated with 3.2)

brunobertels
Master
Master

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is this still open?

you can define a custom theme in JSON format. check this link:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/June2018/Subsystems/Extensions/Content/CustomThemes/cust...

In order to use it on sense, its similar to extensions, just put your file in the extension folder with the correspondent qtext file. you can check this extension, which include few themes, as examples:

Qlik Branch

Cheers,

Roger