Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

If you’re new to Qlik Sense, start with this Discussion Board and get up-to-speed quickly.

Announcements
QlikWorld happening right now! You can still join: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stascher
Partner
Partner

Custom component changes not loading.

Hi,

I'm starting to explore creating Custom Components in Qlik Sense 3.1 and one issue is hampering my progress; getting modifications to my custom component files to show up in Dev Hub and Desktop Apps.

I created some simple ccs-foo.js and ccs-foo.qext files under the \Qlik\Sense\Extensions\css-foo.

I created a widget MyFoo in Dev-hub that contains simple HTML: <ccs-foo></ccs-foo>

I create an app (MyApp) in QlikSense desktop that contains an instance of the MyFoo widget.

Life is good, everything works as expected; I see what I expect to see.

Then I made the slightest change to ccs-foo.js, saved it, shut down the desktop and restarted it. When I opened MyApp, I expected to see the changes I made, but instead I see behavior/output from the previous version of ccs-foo.js.  Every now and then I'll make a change that does show up.. but then subsequent changes do not. I cannot determine the exact sequence of actions I need to do in order to insure my changes always get imported/compiled.


Any clues would be appreciated.

Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErikWetterberg

Hi Steve,

You should test your component/widget in the browser and turn caching off. I have när a Little document om troubleshooting extensions Troubleshooting your extension , that's valid for Componenta too.

Hope this helps

Erik Wetterberg

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You must save as admin powerty.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
stascher
Partner
Partner
Author

You must save as admin powerty? I'm not sure what this means.

I have admin privileges on my local host where all of my work is being done. As I  mentioned, sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. As far as I know, I'm not changing my account privs in between those times so I would expect it to either always work, or never work. Makes me wonder if it is something like a browser caching issue.

Regards,

Steve

ErikWetterberg

Hi Steve,

You should test your component/widget in the browser and turn caching off. I have när a Little document om troubleshooting extensions Troubleshooting your extension , that's valid for Componenta too.

Hope this helps

Erik Wetterberg

stascher
Partner
Partner
Author

Yeah I think the caching was the root of my issue. Thank you so much for the troubleshooting link. That's extremely helpful!

-steve