Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

If you’re new to Qlik Sense, start with this Discussion Board and get up-to-speed quickly.

Announcements
IMPORTANT security patches for GeoAnalytics Server available to download: READ DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
evgeniystuchalk
Partner
Partner

Custom dimension lables in selection bar - how?

Hello! I have data model with multiple fact tables, and most of field names are qualified. So teir names looks like auth_transfer.wr_name.

I want give human name to this dimension, without renaming original dimension. Like Warehouse Name.

So, i'm creating master dimension with formula =auth_transfer.wr_name. Name and title for this dimension Warehouse Name.

It looks good on visualizations, but when i'm make selection, at selection bar appears orgignal dimension name:

e324710262.jpg

Is there any way to display at selection bar my dimension name instead of original?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OmarBenSalem
Partner
Partner

When u create ur master dimension, create it as follow:

if(YourDim=YourDim,YourDim)

This way, in the filter pane, it will be shown with the new name.

If u create a master dimension without altering it, in the filter pane it will appear with its original name.

mto‌, I think this is the small "bug" that needs to be fixed

View solution in original post

4 Replies
OmarBenSalem
Partner
Partner

When u create ur master dimension, create it as follow:

if(YourDim=YourDim,YourDim)

This way, in the filter pane, it will be shown with the new name.

If u create a master dimension without altering it, in the filter pane it will appear with its original name.

mto‌, I think this is the small "bug" that needs to be fixed

evgeniystuchalk
Partner
Partner
Author

That works, thanks!

ken4runner
Creator
Creator

can you explain the code that you have given, and why the same item  YourDim, is listed 3 times and what it accomplishes?

mmarchese
Creator II
Creator II

It seems as though this has stopped working.  I just see "if(YourDim=YourDim,YourDim)" in the filter bar now.  Is there a solution that still works?

Edit: Actually, it does work...sometimes.  It wasn't working for me, but when I created a second dimension with the same exact formula, it worked for both that dimension and the first one.  Oh, how I love Qlik's missing basic features and associated buggy workarounds.