cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom message on Dashboard

Hi,

I have a KPI in my Dashboard, which shows both positive and negative values. If the value of KPI is zero, I want to display a message on my dashboard. How can I do it ??

I planned to keep a Text Object in the dashboard with the message, which will be hidden if the value of the KPI is non-zero. But I don't know how i can implement it

Please suggest me. Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Qlik sense doesn't have the ability to hide ad display objects but you could use a KPI for the text with a calculation condition

for the KPI the below settings are needed (make sure you select custom under number formation and that show titles is off and unticked under appearance.)

Capture 4.PNG Capture 6.PNG

For the calculation condition you would use

[Your Expression]=0 and then you can add in any text you like

Capture 5.PNGCapture 7.PNG

And the KPI will appear like below when the expression does not equal 0

Capture 8.PNG

View solution in original post

2 Replies
robertogm
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Not sure if I understand correctly, but you could use the same expression from the KPI item measure and do something like this:

if(Sum(FIELD)=0,'KPI is zero', 'KPI not zero')

In the expression of the Text item...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Qlik sense doesn't have the ability to hide ad display objects but you could use a KPI for the text with a calculation condition

for the KPI the below settings are needed (make sure you select custom under number formation and that show titles is off and unticked under appearance.)

Capture 4.PNG Capture 6.PNG

For the calculation condition you would use

[Your Expression]=0 and then you can add in any text you like

Capture 5.PNGCapture 7.PNG

And the KPI will appear like below when the expression does not equal 0

Capture 8.PNG