Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clondono
Creator III
Creator III

Custom properties for styling sheet title background color

Hi,

I have an app in which we are using custom properties to control user access to streams, apps, and sheets.  Everything works as expected and we are able to assign access at user level based on custom properties.  The issue I am facing right now is that published apps loose the sheet theme formatting once the custom properties are applied.  It looks like a object ownership issue. If I log with the service account, or with a root admin account, I am able to see the sheet title background color. When users that are not root admin open the app the background color is not displayed in the sheet title object.  All other objects, including charts, dimensions, measures, extensions, master items, are displayed correctly for all users depending on the custom properties and security rules.

I have not been able to identify what type of object the background color for the sheet title is (the sheet title background color is controlled by the sheet theme).  Any idea on how to assign custom properties to the sheet title background color, or a workaround for this issue?

Thanks,

Carlos

PS. The "Qlik Sense Styler" or the "Qlik Sense Style Light" extensions from Qlik Branch  are not an appropriate solution for this issue.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
clondono
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Boycke,

We were able to fix this issue by creating a custom default app rule:

(

resource.resourcetype = "App"

and resource.stream.HasPrivilege("read")

and resource.@AppLevelManagement.empty()

)

or

(

(resource.resourcetype = "App.Object"

and resource.published ="true" )

and resource.app.stream.HasPrivilege("read")

)

Regards,

Carlos

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ChennaiahNallani
Creator III
Creator III

This may help you,

Capture.PNG

clondono
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you Chennaiah but we are already using this setting to control the sheet label background color.

The issue is that when we apply security, via custom properties, only the root admins can see the background color. All other users don't see any color only as background.

matthardbi
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone find an answer to this question?  I'm experiencing the same issue when trying to implement sheet hiding through security rules.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same issue.

Our developer users (rootadmins) can see the newly applied theme on a sheet, but the restricted users can't.

Any solution yet?

edit:

I found: "((user.name="user@example.com" and resource.objectType="appprops"))".

if you apply this on "App.Object_*" and give select"read" rights, it works for this specific user.

still need to check if im not overruling other security though....

clondono
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Boycke,

We were able to fix this issue by creating a custom default app rule:

(

resource.resourcetype = "App"

and resource.stream.HasPrivilege("read")

and resource.@AppLevelManagement.empty()

)

or

(

(resource.resourcetype = "App.Object"

and resource.published ="true" )

and resource.app.stream.HasPrivilege("read")

)

Regards,

Carlos