Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Customised coloured area in line chart?

Hi all,

I'm trying to colour the area underneath the line of a line-chart according to the following nested if-statement:

IF(Sum([Diff x Amount])/Sum([Amount in Euro])<20,kRed,

if(Sum([Diff x Amount])/Sum([Amount in Euro])<30, kYellow,

if(Sum([Diff x Amount])/Sum([Amount in Euro])<40, kGreen,

if(Sum([Diff x Amount])/Sum([Amount in Euro])<50, kYellow,

kRed

))))

However, despite selecting "Area" as presentation mode (Präsentation: Fläche in German), only the line is coloured and now area is visible.

Thank you for your help!

line.PNG

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can you not change the style on the Style tab?

Not applicable
Author

Or in the xepressions tab there is a drop down under the xepression which allows you to put the format in against the background colour rather than the line format.

Not applicable
Author

Hey Peter,

sorry, don't really understand what you are reffering to. This is QlikSense, not QlikView...

Not applicable
Author

Hi David,

There is no way of custom colouring the fill area under a line chart using an expression, you can change the line but that's it.

There are a couple of default colour schemes you cannot change and a min/max range you can play with under the custom colours by measure option however they are not customisable enough for you to achieve what you listed above. The default for area colour by expression is a light grey.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Phil,

thanks for your reply. Too bad, then I will have to fiddle arround with difference graphs 😉

kangaroomac
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi David,

I get the same result as you (line is coloured, not the area).

Other options could be either colouring by Measure (not too customisable but the idea is there) or if you want specific colours as in your dashboard, to (as you suggested) use another chart (i.e. like the bar chart I have below).  

Test Colours v 2.png