Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Customised log in page for a Dashboard

Hello,

I have a requirement where I would need to create a customized log in page for a dashboard. After the user enter the user id and password, the dashboard should open the respective report of the user. For example if a user is belonging to Region 100 then the Region 100 Dashboard should show up once the user logs in.

I am assuming in this example I would have to create a log on page in HTML and then call the same by making some setting in Qlikview management console. However, these settings should be applicable only for this Dashboard and not the other ones.

Any suggestion would be of great help!!!

Thanks,

Prajakta

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Beyond customized authentication at the virtual proxy level, there's no way to lock a given dashboard behind a custom logon page directly. You could always explore mashups which will allow you to embed Qlik Sense visualizations in something else where you can code up the customized logon page.

vikasmahajan

you can go with iframe please refer https://community.qlik.com/thread/107463 &

Remove the world 'qlikview' in http://servername/qlikview/index.htm

vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable
Author

Hello All,

Thank you the helpful links!

I want this customised log in page specifically for a report. I do not want any changes to be done at the server side in such a way that it will impact the other reports too(i.e. do not want log-in page for other reports!).

Is there a way to create this customised log-in page only for a particular report?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Prajakta

I have met this requirement by using a single dashboard for the company and providing the users with a html link to the specific dashboard rather than the AccessPoint menu.

I then implemented two approaches to security in the same dashboard:

a. Use Set Analysis where the dashboard object is the same but the data subset is different for each region

b. Use hard coded Conditional display of an Object or even a Tab where the Objects are specific to a region.

Both approaches require a User Table to be set up that assigns each user to one or more regions.  Set Analysis will automatically filter the data to the region the User is assigned to. You need to manually apply the conditional display rules to each object.

Hope this give you a starter to think about.

Best Regards

Frank

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Prajakta,

Building a Mashup which authenticated the user can be done. Once authenticated you can direct the user to their respective dashboard.

boonhaw_tan
Creator
Creator

Hi Sangram,

Can you share the detail on how to direct user to their respective dashboard after authenticated for mashup?

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Tan,

After Authentication,

You can use this code to all an other URL, aas its on the same server, it would not ask for credentials again.

window.location = 'http://<server>/......';

Thanks,

Sangram.

rajatshukla
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Sangram ,

I have made a qliksense mashup login page in HTML which asks user for LoginId and password. How i can authenticate a user using this HTML form ?

Thanks in advance ,

Rajat Shukla