Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Customize default charts instead of writing a brand new extension?

Hi,

The charts came with Qlik are very powerful at the same time I need a little bit of custom behaviour.

For example in my horizontal bar chart, I need the y-axis values to be displayed above each bar. I find in Qlik bar chart I can only place the y-axis values either on the left or on the right of the bars. I know it is possible to write a brand new extension as my own bar chart, but the default bar chart already has 99% of the features I need.

Is there a way I can somehow add some custom code to the default bar chart to achieve my custom behaviour?

Thank you!

Bin

2 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Bin, when you set the bar chart as horizontal the y-axis (metric) is passed to the x-axis, on this options you can set the position at the start, instead of the default at the end.

Is this what you are looking for?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruben,

Thank you for the reply.

My horizontal bar chart has y-axis (dimension) username, x-axis (measure) login count.

Under appearance => Y-axis => Position, I can see 2 options that can make the usernames show up either on the left side of the bar or on the right side of the corresponding bar.

I need the username to be above the corresponding bar instead.

My real question is for customizations like this, which are not available in the default bar chart, is it possible for me to add my custom code to these add additional behaviours.