Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
g23
Contributor III
Contributor III

Custum sort field values

Hi all,

I need to sort the values of certain fields in pivot tables. Is there a way to do this in qlik sense??

For example I need to sort the field SEZIONE that has value RESTO, FURTO,INCASA, CONFIDO, TUTELA DELLE OPERE D'ARTE E D'ANTIQUARIATO, INCENDIO E RESPONSABILE CIVILE TERZI. 

I need to sort the SEZIONE values as INCENDIO, FURTO, CONFIDO, RESPONSABILIE CIVILE TERZI, TUTELA DELLE OPERE D'ARTE E D'ANTIQUARIATO, INCASA and RESTO.

Is there a way to do this in a pivot table??

Thanks all

Labels (3)
5 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

Sorting in a pivot table can only be done column after column. So you first set the sorting of the first column. That in that drop down, you can make the second sorting. You can't sort the pivot table based on the second or further column.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
g23
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

What function do I need to use to order the values of a single column? I tried the "Match" function in the "order by expression" sort but it did non work

g23
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I also tried ordering labels field this way but it's not working can someone help understanding why and how can I sort my field properly??

ORDER_TABLE:
LOAD * INLINE
[
sezione,Ordine_sezione
INCENDIO,1
FURTO,2
CONFIDO,3
RESPONSABILITÀ CIVILE VERSO TERZI,4
TUTELA PER LE OPERE D'ARTE E D'ANTIQUARIATO,5
INCASA,6
RESTO,7
];

g23
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

and then I tried to sorting by expression with the Ordine_sezione field but it's not working

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

Check this example:

Qlik Sense.gif

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder