Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomBond77
Creator III
Creator III

Cyclic Grouping

Hi experts

I have designed a master item (dimension) with three dimensions:

=pick(match(vDimension, [Konto.IdDesc], [Ansv.DivisionIdName], [Kontogrupp]), 'Konto', 'Cost Center', 'Kontogrupp')

Definition of Variable VDimension: [Konto.IdDesc]

But a listbox through a straight table with vDimension as Dimension doesn't work. Where is the problem? Anything missing?

TomBond77_0-1641937967599.png

Any ideas? Many thanks for your help.

Tom

5 Replies
TomBond77
Creator III
Creator III
Author

correction: the listbox has the master item "cyclic dimension" as dimension.

Digvijay_Singh

Not sure what exactly you are trying to achieve but you might need to format it something like this - 

=pick(match('$(vDimension)', '[Konto.IdDesc]', '[Ansv.DivisionIdName]', '[Kontogrupp]'), 'Konto', 'Cost Center', 'Kontogrupp')

TomBond77
Creator III
Creator III
Author

thank you, that helped a bit. Now I am able to see "Konto" in the list box, but not the other two dimensions. 

TomBond77_0-1641972311600.png

I would like to get the same as in this video, up to min 3 everything is told...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb4cr8UD7Is

Any ideas how to fix this?

Digvijay_Singh

I think you missed using $Field system field in your master dimension, I suggest you watch it from the beginning and update your master item as below - 

=pick(match($Field, 'Country','City','Shipper'),'Country Name','City Name','Shipper Name')

TomBond77
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks

I had to single quote $field to get a correct syntax.

TomBond77_0-1642147853123.png

Furthermore I have defined these variables:

vCyclicDimension:  if(len('$(vCyclicValue)')>0, '$(vCyclicValue)', '[Konto.IdDesc]')

vCyclicValue: $field

Finally I am getting $field instead of the requested dimensions (Konto.IdDesc, Ansv.DivisionidName, Kontogrupp).

I went through the video many times, but not getting the right results. Any ideas?