Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carlaf_93
Creator II
Creator II

DATA_FIELD

Good afternoon,

i would like to identify a field as a data field in the import script area. (I need this  for a qlik extension.) What should i write?

Like:

LOAD

ABC AS $data

FROM [.......]

? It doesn't work.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
QlikTom
Employee
Employee

It seems you are trying to extract a DATE from a timestamp field. The community may be able to help with this.

Looking at your example, it looks like the final step would be to convert the number back into a date, as the Floor function will output an integer.

Just wrap what you have in the Date() function to accomplish this. 

Date(Floor(Date#(ds, 'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss TT'))) as Period

The best way to enable the community to help is provide a small sample of the data you are trying to convert. 

If the issue is not with Qlik Sense, but the extension, generally speaking the best place to find extension specific support is from the extension author. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
QlikTom
Employee
Employee

Technically speaking, all fields are data fields. Without specifics, it may be the extension is asking you to TAG a field a certain way. If this is the case, check out the help article on using field tags.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/latest/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/field-tags.htm

Hope this helps.

Carlaf_93
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Tom.

i tried something like this ..... Floor(Date#(ds, 'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss TT')) as Period....

but it doesn't work....

QlikTom
Employee
Employee

It seems you are trying to extract a DATE from a timestamp field. The community may be able to help with this.

Looking at your example, it looks like the final step would be to convert the number back into a date, as the Floor function will output an integer.

Just wrap what you have in the Date() function to accomplish this. 

Date(Floor(Date#(ds, 'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss TT'))) as Period

The best way to enable the community to help is provide a small sample of the data you are trying to convert. 

If the issue is not with Qlik Sense, but the extension, generally speaking the best place to find extension specific support is from the extension author.