Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
limu
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

DIvision not working

Hello everyone,

I have the following script:

LET vVar1 = $(vVar2) / $(vVar3);
LOAD * INLINE [
   StatusName, Value
   $(StatusName), $(vVar1)
];

The vVar2 and vVar3 are not zero and the value of vVar2 changes since this code snippet is inside of a FOR loop. However, the result becomes always zero. Since the vVar3 > vVar2, the result must be  (0, 1), i.e. in the range of 0 and 1 exclusively.

Does anyone know where the problem might be?

Thank you in advance!

UPDATE: I figure it out that the division is actually working, is just that it is rounding down the numbers to 0. When I multiple these numbers by 100, I'm getting the correct results. Does anyone know how to display these number as percentage? Example, the number 1234 to display it as 12,34. Num($vVar1, '#,##0.00%'); is not working!

Labels (4)
3 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Limu,

Try this:

Num('$(vVar1)', '#,##0.00%')

Else:

Let vVar1 = Num($(vVar2) / $(vVar3),'#,##%');

Jordy

Climber 

Work smarter, not harder
limu
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Jordy,

thank you very much for your suggestions! Unfortunately, neither of them isn't working!

It may be worth noting, that the numbers that I have, are not of the same length, i.e. some number have only one digit like 1, other have two like 12, and so on up to 4 digits. I tried using '#.##%' and it worked only for the numbers that had three digits. Is there a way to add leading zeros to the numbers that have less than 4 digits, so that all the numbers have the same number of digits(4).  

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Can you maybe send some test data & QVF so I can test this?

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder