Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SomeDudeAtWork
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dashboard

Hi all,

Perhaps it's just Friday and this is simple, but I am struggling at the moment.

So i've created about 10 sheets, for the different teams in my office, showcasing all the metrics relevant to each team, all good, i've created an additional sheet, called the Operation Overview. This sheet has buttons to navigate the user to set team they wish to look at, i'm trying to incorporate general metrics on this sheet so that one has a glance at the team without having to navigate. Lets say the metric is quality, which is used in each tea, instead of navigating to that teams sheet to see the overall quality, that there is an overall quality already presented on the sheet in a text and image box.

I've tried several things, but If and match wont work as there is no selection, only selection that can be made is Year, month, week. essentially i want to show case a locked field, like ([Team]='Team A',quality). Something like that any way. It's probably one of the simplest things i've overlooked.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again 

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use set analysis expressions for this purpose. Something like Avg({<Team={'Team A'}>} quality). Perhaps instead of Avg you want to use another aggregation function like sum or max. That's for you to decide. It's the bold part that lets you hardcode a selection into an expression.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
SomeDudeAtWork
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This makes a lot of sense, thank you.

In terms of aggregation, i dont think that will work, as this needs to be accurate and quality is derived on a weighted average already, like amount of tasks by quality by of each task kind of scenario, and then having an average of an average is tricky, and sum wont work. What i wanted to capture was the quality of whichever date selection on the input, and if there is no input then it gives the overall.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Well, like I said, how you calculate 'quality' is your problem. I don't know your data so I can't tell you how to do that. If you already have a measure that calculates quality then it can be adapted to make sure a selection for a specific team is hardcoded into the expression.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand