Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data Level Section Access

Hello,

I am trying to create section access that will display sales information for only the sales representative.

section access;

LOAD * inline [

ACCESS, USERID,REDUCTION

Admin, 'DOMAIN\USERNAME', 'DOMAIN\USERNAME'

User, 'DOMAIN\USERNAME', 'DOMAIN\USERNAME'];

How can I create a section access rule that allows all users to access the application, but the data displayed is only theirs?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Couple things:  i don't think you need the single quotes around the USERID or REDUCTION values.

Also, do you have a field in your data model called 'REDUCTION' ?  And does that field contain values like 'domain\username' ?   Bascially the field header should be the name of the field, and the value should be one or more values

Something like the following, where 'REGION' is a field in the data model and 'USA' and 'EUROPE' are actual values in that field.

section access;

LOAD * inline [

ACCESS, USERID,REGION

User, DOMAIN\USER1,USA

User, DOMAIN\USER2,EUROPE

section application;

Also keep in mind, section access ONLY WORKS IN QLIK SENSE ENTERPRISE (SERVER). It will not work in desktop or cloud.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

did you read?

Introduction to Section Access

other info here

Section Access

ops, sorry, I forget to read the place

Not applicable
Author

Does this also apply to Qlik Sense?

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Couple things:  i don't think you need the single quotes around the USERID or REDUCTION values.

Also, do you have a field in your data model called 'REDUCTION' ?  And does that field contain values like 'domain\username' ?   Bascially the field header should be the name of the field, and the value should be one or more values

Something like the following, where 'REGION' is a field in the data model and 'USA' and 'EUROPE' are actual values in that field.

section access;

LOAD * inline [

ACCESS, USERID,REGION

User, DOMAIN\USER1,USA

User, DOMAIN\USER2,EUROPE

section application;

Also keep in mind, section access ONLY WORKS IN QLIK SENSE ENTERPRISE (SERVER). It will not work in desktop or cloud.

Not applicable
Author

Yes I am on Qlik Sense Server, and thank you.