Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tahreen371
Contributor III
Contributor III

Data Lineage

Hello All,

We are introducing Data Lineage in our Dashboards, which was done Using Inline tables as we Implemented data Lineage Manually.

But now the task is we are trying to find a way to do it automatically.. In a much simpler way.

For Eg: May a Sub routine that creates this table automatically and u can only use CALL statement in all script tabs.

Is there anything thats possible. I'm finding it quite difficult to implement. Plz Help...

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Since you give no information at all about how you implemented your Data Lineage it is impossible to tell you how to automate it. But any code that can be written manually can also be generated automatically if there's a consistent reproducible logic.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I'm not sure what exactly your requirement is, but I recommend to explore 3rd party tools like Nodegraph or PlatformManager ‌or other. Some of them can be found on Qlik Market.

tahreen371
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello All,

I will share the logic that we are currently using but that is a manual process using Inline load

We create variables with

Qliktablename

QVDtablename

Schemaname

No of records

Appname

And we call all these variables and also every field name in the tables within an inline load, in every sheet to create Data Lineage. But now we want to avoid this manual process

Can there be some code or logic which can avoid this manual process of Inline?

Vegar
MVP
MVP

You could find something useful in the Qlik Sense governance dashboard.

https://developer.qlik.com/garden/59a705e0b56adf9aef755eb6

68747470733a2f2f6561706f776572746f6f6c732e73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f676f7665726e616e63652d636f6c6c6563746f722f696d672f6d61696e2f4c696e656167652e706e67

tahreen371
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello All,

I will share the logic that we are currently using but that is a manual process using Inline load

We create variables with

Qliktablename

QVDtablename

Schemaname

No of records

Appname

And we call all these variables and also every field name in the tables within an inline load, in every sheet to create Data Lineage. But now we want to avoid this manual process

Can there be some code or logic which can avoid this manual process of Inline?