Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data Load Editor - Field Not Found - Qlik Sense

Hi everyone!

I am completely new to Qlik Sense, and i'm struggling with a auper easy task in the data load editor.

I am loading a table (from excel) and doing this the program show me the error "Field Not Found", or it does not do any calculation. Hereafter the 2 cases:

[here error: "AAA MESE" FIELD NOT FOUND]

LOAD

Date("Mese",'MMMM-YY') as "AAA Mese",

Score as "AAA Score",

if("AAA Mese"='42430', 0, ("AAA Score"-Peek("AAA Score", -1))/Peek("AAA Score", -1)) as AAA.Delta%

FROM ....

[here any calculation done]

LOAD

Score as "AAA Score",

if("Mese"='42430', 0, ("Score"-Peek("Score", -1))/Peek("Score", -1)) as AAA.Delta%

FROM ....

Where is the problem? Which field should i have to use in case i renamed before them?

Thankyou very much!

Andrea

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can use a preceding LOAD to avoid repeating all your transformation expressions, like in:

LOAD *,     IF("AAA Mese"='42430', 0, ("AAA Score"-Peek("AAA Score", -1))/Peek("AAA Score", -1)) as AAA.Delta%;

LOAD

Score as "AAA Score"

FROM ....

The first LOAD will use each row produced by the second LOAD as a source to perform further transformations. The resulting table will contain every row produced by the first LOAD.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

[here error: "AAA MESE" FIELD NOT FOUND]

LOAD

Score as "AAA Score",

if("AAA Mese"='42430', 0, ("AAA Score"-Peek("AAA Score", -1))/Peek("AAA Score", -1)) as AAA.Delta%

FROM ....

the field you read is "Mese", not "AAA Mese"  (replace with "Mese"

the same for Score

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

LOAD

Score as "AAA Score",

FROM ....

You can't refer to "AAA Mese" in the if statement. That field doesn't exist until the load is complete. You'll get the same error for "AAA Score" in the same line.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can use a preceding LOAD to avoid repeating all your transformation expressions, like in:

LOAD *,     IF("AAA Mese"='42430', 0, ("AAA Score"-Peek("AAA Score", -1))/Peek("AAA Score", -1)) as AAA.Delta%;

LOAD

Score as "AAA Score"

FROM ....

The first LOAD will use each row produced by the second LOAD as a source to perform further transformations. The resulting table will contain every row produced by the first LOAD.

qlikwiz
Contributor II
Contributor II

I'm having a similar issue. What would be the work around to be able to use a new created field in the if statement? Thank you