Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Load Editor only processing part of where clause

Hello all, [insert "new to Qlik and very rusty with SQL" disclaimer]

I'm creating my first app, and I added data using the add data tool and made associations in the data manager.  To pre filter my data, I then unlocked the auto generated section in data load editor and entered some basic where clauses in the load statements.  From the attached image you can see there are two areas where I entered where clauses...the first section limits to appointments from three days ago that have an arrived status and have been edited.  When I load the data, it is filtered per these specifications as expected.

There is a second where clause I put in to limit appointment provider credentials to 'APRN', however when I load the data, I am still getting all providers (APRNs, MDs, DPTs, PAs etc) instead of just appointments with APRNs.  I'm new to data load editor, haven't used SQL in about 6 years and wasn't an advanced user to begin with, so I'm sure it has something to do with me not understanding load order?  I do not get an error in the data load progress box or debugger, it shows 'finished successfully', however I'm seeing more than just APRN appointments in the results.  Thank you in advance for any and all help!

Capture2.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
parthakk
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Sarah,

The where condition which you had written is above the SQL part. Its called as preceding load. You need to write the where condition after SQL part

Exampl--

Table:

load

Field1,

Field2,

Field3;

SQL Select

Field1,

Field2,

Field3

From "DB name"."owner name"."Table Name"

where Field2 = 'APRN';

Thanks,

Partha K

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Technically, I don't see anything wrong.  Check your script, maybe the same field "cred" exists in another table not showing in the script above.

Logically, not sure why you're loading this, it just creates one field with one value.  If you really need it for so"me reason, you could've used

provide_t:

LOAD

'APRN' as cred

AUTOGENERATE 1;

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Logically, not sure why you're loading this, it just creates one field with one value.

It is a standard practice of respect we give to all of our medical providers.  While yes, the report will only show APRNs and there will only be one field value of 'APRN', they still deserve to have the distinction of their earned credentials appear next to their names.

Thank you for your alternate script, unfortunately I am still getting the same results.

parthakk
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Sarah,

The where condition which you had written is above the SQL part. Its called as preceding load. You need to write the where condition after SQL part

Exampl--

Table:

load

Field1,

Field2,

Field3;

SQL Select

Field1,

Field2,

Field3

From "DB name"."owner name"."Table Name"

where Field2 = 'APRN';

Thanks,

Partha K

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Partha, this worked perfectly!