Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jock
Contributor II
Contributor II

Data Load Error

Hi,

I am working through the Qlik Continuous Classroom lessons.  I use Qlik Sense Enterprise edition, and the lesson today is the "Externalise environment variables by using a Must_include statement" module.   

Our admin has already created a folder for me on their server where I can save files and access them.  I've done that before but I cannot get this txt file to load.

Please see the attached screenshots.    I cannot see anything wrong with the syntax. The server location syntax looks identical to what you'd get if you simply selected the folder via the Data Connections panel.  Any ideas why Qlik keeps returning an error message when I load the script?

thank-you

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

HI @Jock 

Your folder name contains the square bracket already, so it throws error. In order to resolve the issue, we can use double quotes.

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MayilVahanan

HI @Jock 

Try with double quotes instead of square bracket.

$(Must_Include="lib://test [training] /Variables.txt");

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Jock
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Mayil Vahanan R

The double quotes worked! thank-you.  I'm curious to know why the Qlik tutorial video example used square brackets.

warm regards,

MayilVahanan

HI @Jock 

Your folder name contains the square bracket already, so it throws error. In order to resolve the issue, we can use double quotes.

Jock
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

thank-you sir! your insights are very much appreciated