cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krish_ganguly
Contributor
Contributor

Data Load Refresh - Records getting appended and not refreshed

I have just started taking QLik sense course at Udemy. When I try to load data again with an updated excel having same table layout, I am getting the records appended as duplicates rather than refreshed. How do I rectify this? 

In the tutorial that I see, the video shows the data gets refreshed seamlessly at back end by simply clicking Add Data and select the new excel file, and hitting load data. But when I try I end up seeing another instance of table added and upon loading records are getting appended.  My aim is to refresh the entire table with new contents and not append.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @krish_ganguly 

It sounds like the file is getting loaded twice. If you go in the Data Load Editor rather than the Data Manager you can look at the script and see if this is happening. You can then unlock the load script and delete any code which is redundant.

It is almost always (i.e. unless you are doing a demo to someone) better to use the data load editor rather than the data manager, as the data manager can sometimes do unexpected things.

Steve

View solution in original post

2 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @krish_ganguly 

It sounds like the file is getting loaded twice. If you go in the Data Load Editor rather than the Data Manager you can look at the script and see if this is happening. You can then unlock the load script and delete any code which is redundant.

It is almost always (i.e. unless you are doing a demo to someone) better to use the data load editor rather than the data manager, as the data manager can sometimes do unexpected things.

Steve

krish_ganguly
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you Steve. This helps a lot.  Yes, the Data Manager is not behaving in expected lines. I am having to bank of Data Load Editor to make corrections. 

Also I am seeing that when I am uploading two tables having the same column names, Qlik is not automatically forming the associations.  Having to make script changes again to make this work.