Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karahs
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Data Load!

Hello everyone,

I have been working for a client on qliksense i have total 12539075 number of lines fetched in my my data load , it takes around 3-4 min to load the data and after the data has been loaded my app sheets takes lot of time to load and the graphs and table take lot of time to load! As the below image attached my graph and tables takes lot of time to load the sheet. Can anyone tell me how can i slove this issuse as my client doesnt want to see this kind of thing, also my machine is 64-bit operating system processor i3-4160 , 16GB RAM

app load.png

Thanks & Regards

7 Replies
marcus_sommer

How does your datamodel and the used expressions look like?

- Marcus

Karahs
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hey Marcus,

Data model:

data model.png

Expression used as:

1] CallLog in Mintues: 

Dimension :

If(Time(SiteArrivalDate)-Time(newdate) < 0, 'Within Time',

Replace(class(Time(SiteArrivalDate)-Time(newdate),30),'<= x <','-'))

Measure : Count(CallLogID)

gph.png

Even the Filter pane list boxes takes lot of time to load.

Thanks & Regards

marcus_sommer

Your datamodel looked a bit like a normalized sql-datamodel. In general this worked but from a performance point of view is it not optimal. Therefore I suggest a change from the datamodel in the direction of a star-scheme: The Optimal QlikView Data Structure. Especially measures like your SiteArrivalDate, newdate and CallLogID should be in one table and if you have performance-issues you need to avoid calculated dimensions and calculate them within the script. Another important point for performance is: The Importance Of Being Distinct.

- Marcus

Karahs
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

ThankYou Marcus for you suggestion , will try to do changes in data model.

rittermd
Master
Master

I would also suggest that you create an extract app to get your data and store into a qvd file.  Then use that qvd file as your data source for the dashboard.  It will load much more quickly that way for the user.  All of the heavy work and SQL access will be done before the dashboard.

Karahs
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Mark Ritter,

Can you tell me the steps to store into a qvd file?

Thanks

jayaseelan
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Kshitiji Shinde,

Follow this link. hope this will help you to store qvd's.

http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlikview-qvd-files/

Thank you.