Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data Manager Not Opening - Data Profiling service connection failed

Hi,

I am using Qlik Sense 2.2. From Hub, when I try to open Data Manager, it gives an error like - "Data profiling service connection failed. Refresh your browser".

Can anyone guide on what could be the probable root-cause?

I ensured that all the qlik-services are running and I can open the Data Load editor and Data Model Viewer. But only Data Manager is not working.

Thanks,

Pallav

4 Replies
utermarks
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Pallav,

Unfortunately, I have the same problem. It seems there is an server error 500 through web socket communication.

Here my browser logs:

Chrome (v50...):

WebSocket connection to 'wss://sense.highcoordination.de/dataprepservice/app/0cbfaf17-1edf-4d10-afd3-e64610d40545?reloadUri=' failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 500

Object {error: "Die Verbindung zum Datenprofilerstellungsservice w…de unterbrochen. Aktualisieren Sie Ihren Browser.", isHandled: true}

IE (v11):

SCRIPT12008: WebSocket Error: Incorrect HTTP response. Status code 500, Internal server error.

I've also tried to find something in server logs, but with no success. Could anybody help with this issue?

Thanks and best regards

Stefan

pabankes
Contributor II
Contributor II

I am having the same issue on version 2.2.4.   Did anyone get a resolution on this?

Not applicable
Author

I am having the same issue. Data manager gives an error like: "Connection to the Data Profiling service was lost. Refresh your browser." Could anybody help with this?

Thanks,

Kata

Ken_Thomas
Former Employee
Former Employee

There are a handful of documents which give some possible solutions for this issue.

When the issue happens it is a good idea to follow Article Number 000065598 to enable verbose logging from the data profiling service. This may reveal details about the issue that leads to finding the root cause. 

Article Number 000033204 has a couple of items to check, including if the service account has the proper permissions on the server.  Article Number 000058237  describes how this can sometimes come from a corrupt log file and gives steps to correct the issue.

-Ken