Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vanderson009
Creator III
Creator III

Data Model in Qlik Sense

Hi Team,

I need suggestion regarding Data Model.

I have one aggregated fact table in pivoted format which contains 24 Month data. Fact table having 40 measurable fields and 26 dimensions. If I unpviot it using cross table with all 40 measures then my row count will increases upto 500 millions.

To optimize it i was thinking to break table into 2 table. Both table contains all 26 dimensions and 20 measure. Then I will unpivot it and link using combination key which is having all 26 dimensions. Reason to break it into 2 different table is to minimize row count. This approach will help me to reduce row count 50%.

Please i need advice, should I go with approach that I am thinking or do we have any other approach to optimize it.

Thanks
2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Why do you think you need to unpivot that table in the first place? And do you really need to unpivot all measure columns?
Can you post a sample of your data? That could give us a better idea of your problem.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
vanderson009
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for replying on my issue.

Due to some confidentiality i can not able to post sample data but I will create some scenario through which you will able to understand my issue.

Yes, there is some requirement at front end level. To achieve it i must need to unpviot it else I need to use multiple times pick and match and nested if. Due to nested if my charts taking time to display values based on selection.

Thanks.