Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vishnu
Contributor II
Contributor II

Data Refreash

The Database Which I connected with my Qlik Sense. That database gets refreshed every week so here my question is how should i refresh the data in Qlik Sense automatically 

For manually reload it taking 9 hours

So client want to get data refreshed automatically in Qlik sense as well every week when ever the database gets refreshed?

5 Replies
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi Jay,

You will need to have a QlikSense server to schedule the reload and you will need to look at Incremental loads for your data, so you are only getting newer data on reload.

Mark

Vishnu
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

On what field I have to do with incremental and also you said Qlik Sense Server reload schedule. 

What is that can you brief it please you mean we can schedule the automatic jobs in Qlik Sense Server?

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi Jay,

The normal approach would be a date field, but if it is transactions you could use the transaction number.

First you would load all the data you have then store to QVD.

Once you have your qvd, you update your loader, so it pick up your max date.

then load from source where greater than your max date.

The store back to qvd.

There is lots on here about the sense server if you have a look around, but yes it allows you schedule your reloads and much more.

Vishnu
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Mark

mithilesh17
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Jay,

If you have data of several years, one approach would be freeze the old data which not gets updated and store it in qvd say data till 31st Dec, 2016 (one time activity)

and reload only current year data ( i.e for 2017 year data)

In the app, concatenate both qvds. It will save your valuable time.

Regards,