cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kdstrin1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Data Type Alignment

Within Qlik Sense Hub, I am trying to create a YYYYMM table to link to several other tables. However, I cannot seem to get the data types to align between tables so when I try to connect on this field, the connection seems poor. Both fields are coming from imported excel files and I have reviewed the fields in each file several times to ensure they are the same within the underlying excel. I don't understand why Qlik left justifies one column but right justifies the other column (see screenshot).

Any help on how to get these fields to align with each other is greatly appreciated.

kdstrin1_0-1652972857915.png

Labels (2)
4 Replies
PrashantSangle

because qlik is considering both field as different data type

Right align > Number

Left Align > Text

Regards,

Prashant Sangle

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
PrashantSangle

Convert YearMonth field to num by using num() in script.

like num(YearMonth) as YearMonth

or

Num(num#(YearMonth)) as YearMonth

Regards,

Prashant Sangle

Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
kdstrin1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Prashant. Is there a way to do the opposite? Convert the Right Align to text? The three tables I want to join to already have this field in Text but I can't seem to get the table on the left to import this value as text

PrashantSangle

use text() for that

Regards,

Prashant Sangle