Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
millan123
Creator II
Creator II

Data extract using hive in Qliksense(how to set queue priority)?

Hi All,

Please help me with how to set the queue priority to hive in qliksense, we are using hive to extract data into qliksense and all queries are running in default queue.

We want to set the priority to high so that our queries will execute faster than default.

Thanks in advance

Clark

4 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You should be able to set which queue to execute in by sending a "set" statement in the Hive query before you do a "select". That way you execute in a high priority queue of your choice:

SQL

set hive.server2.tez.default.queues=user1,user2,user3;

SQL

select * from ......;

It might of course be another configuration parameter other than "hive.server2.tez.default.queues" that needs to be set since there are several that can be used depending on the Hive version and underlying execution engine.

millan123
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you so much Petter

Based upon your input we used another configuration parameter and It is working for us.

Once again thank you for your help.

Thanks,

Clark

vigneshvenugopa
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Clark,

Can you please mention, what is the other configuration you used apart from  hive.server2.tez.default.queues=user1,user2,user3 to set the queue priority.

Thanks.

saurabhchauhan15
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I am trying to set the queue like:

set tez.queue.name=highpriority;

but I am getting the below error :

Connector reply error: SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 35, ErrorMsg: [Hortonworks][Hardy] (35) Error from server: error code: '0' error message: 'ExecuteStatement finished with operation state: ERROR_STATE'.

If I remove the set condition, the query is going into DEFAULT queue.

Not sure how to resolve it. Can anyone please help?

Regards,

Saurabh