cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data input name

Hi all,

I'm getting somewhat confused with how Qlik sense adds data.

Say I have three excel files called 'First',  'Second', and 'Third', all of which containing a field called 'Common'.

When I use 'Add data' on 'First', it appears in the data manager as 'Sheet1' and 'Common' is named as 'Common'.

When I use 'Add date' on 'Second', it appears in the data manager as 'Sheet1-1' and 'Common' is named as 'Sheet1-1.Common'

When I 'Add date' on 'Third', it appears in the data manager as 'Third' and 'Common' is named as 'Third.Common'

Clearly its quite inconsistent. Is there any way to make them all appear in data manager as 'First', 'Second' and 'Third' and have the field appear in each dataset as 'First.Common', 'Second.Common', 'Third.Common'.

I know I can change everything manually but that's quite, well, manual. I'd prefer it to be automatically consistent.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply
Anil_Babu_Samineni

The default is Directory; for loading tables? So, in case you want to change those you must follow manually only - As far i know

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful