Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data linkage in data model

Hi

I've downloaded qliksense desktop and 've started building data model for an app.

After loading data from a bunch of .csv files (each .csv file represents a table), Qliksense suggested certain data links which was helpful, however there are other data linkages that needs to be made that are not suggested by Qliksense's association functionality.

Following is a picture of the data model. Please guide as to how to create data associations (linkages) outside of the once suggested by association?

Sales_vs_target_data_model.PNG

Notice some of the islands above. They need to be associated/linked to one of the tables. Please help.

Thanks

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

First , identify &..analyze each and every table

Is their any common & unique data is avail in between tables??

If yes, then alias that field and make the same name as in another table to like it, like

TableA:

Load

ID

From TableA;

TableB:

load

Number as ID

from TableB;

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Qliksense will join tables based on the column names.  Sometimes the column names may not be same, so we have to manually rename the columns to make join happen.

For example:

Product_Sales:

LOAD

Product_Sales.account_id AS account_id

'

'

'

FROM DataSource;

Account:

LOAD

account_id,

'

'

FROM DataSource2;

Now this two tables are joined using account_id column.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the revert.

While trying to edit the script this is what is noticed.

Since i had used the add data wizard to load data, Qliksense has auto-generated a script in a separate tab (different from main) and it is read only. i.e. it doesn't allow editing Or even copying the script.

autogenerated script.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can also rename the fields by going to the "Data Manager" section on the left navigation. When the field names match, the tables will be automatically associated with each other.

Data Manager.PNG

Then on the table you want to edit, click the "pencil" button.

edit.PNG

Then click on the field header, and just make it the same name as the other field in the other table that you want to link.

Then load the data again.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Muliady