Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbeaty
Contributor II
Contributor II

Data load performance issue

Hello everyone. I am very new to Qlik Sense and struggling to optimize our load time for one of our apps, basically all apps need to be optimized. The load times are taking longer and longer as more data flows in and we definitely need to scale. I've already read through all of the difference methods to use to optimize, but it would be very helpful to actually see code that's optimized. Can someone help me and view my code to see where the issues are and how to correct them? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

Here's what the code looks like simplified (probably did this wrong, hope it makes sense.

Table A:

LOAD

A as 1,

B as 2,

C as 3,

D as 4,

etc..

SQL set nocount on

DECLARE @temp

INSERT INTO @temp values.. 

SELECT DISTINCT 

(transformations, case whens)

FROM

WHERE

UNION ALL

SELECT DISTINCT

CASE WHEN..

FROM OPENQUERY (I think maybe this is the issue)

WHERE

STORE

DROP

1 Reply
Kushal_Chawda

@sbeaty  Your query performance also depends on the load at database server. If database server side resources are not optimal then that could take longer time to run query. I would suggest instead of using SQL query directly, load individual tables used in query and create QVDs of those individual tables. Use those qvds to build the query logic using Qlik scripts. You can also use incremental loads if you load individual tables from database.