Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niha
Creator II
Creator II

Data model in qliksense

Hello,

I would appreciate if someone can explain me . I have 3 simple table.

All_Task:

LOAD

Country,

"Full Name",

MCode,

SubCategory,

"Task Name",

"Total hours(Q3)",

FM

FROM [$(vExcelPath)All Tasks Data Q3 .xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet2);

Region_Country:

LOAD

Region,

Country

FROM [$(vExcelPath)Country to Region.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

I just load it default and it automatically joined. Also I got correct visualization as I expected from this two table.

Now I had to join third table as 

Mcode_Sub:

MCode,

"Task Name" as MTaskname,

SubCategory as MSubcategory,

"Task Name1",

"Mktg vs General Activities"

FROM [$(vExcelPath)Mcode to Subcategory Mapping.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

I just renamed the above two and wanted to join mcode. I have to get some visualization from Mktg vs General Activities" but the data is not coming correct. It looks like my model has some flaws in it . Please suggest how can I get correct model out of it without loosing any data.

Thanks,

Niha

2 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

What does MCode represent ? Do you also need to join on other fields to get the right result ?

niha
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello lisa,

Thanks. All Task table represents country having all other information. Since I want region based information, I  added Region _Country which by default joined and all visualization came okay. Now I have some visualization where I have to show Region with "Mktg vs General Activities" column. Taskname , Mcode and subcategory  are the common column with Table one. Mcode is a code like M00234.  Either I can rename Taskname and subcategory or I have to create a complex key with the above three. Please suggest.

Thanks,

Niha