Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data reupload to Qlik Sense desktop

Hi All,

I have a situation in which I am uploading data from excel sheet to my app and these data need to be updated on monthly or weekly basis for example

There is an ops job running every month for this particular report, and it places the extracted excel sheet to source folder for the app. I want to add the new data to existing data in the app so the numbers will change accordingly

Currently, I open the main file cop and paste the new data under the old one and then load them again from data manager which is not good practice I think

I want to ask if there is any way to automate or semi-automate this process and make it hassle free?

Regards,

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can create an app to extract data from the excel into the QVD's and incrementally load the QVD's to be used in your dashboards. So once the new file is available you can create a task in the QMC and schedule the trigger as below:

Please mark as helpful or correct answer so that it helps other members of the community

Thanks

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Mohammed,

You will be able to automate the process in qliksense server but its not possible to achieve the same on the desktop version. You will have all the functionality you are looking for if you go with Qliksense server license.

Thanks,

Sangram.