Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data upload stuck on processing

I am an analyst currently exploring Qlik as a solution for our company to manage various metrics for our offshore team. I cannot even upload a small test excel file to the app as it remains stuck in a pending status. This is very discouraging. On top of that, I have read a few threads and there is no clear solution as to why this is happening and no clear path as to where to log a support ticket. Can someone explain why the data cannot upload? The spreadsheet is 13 kb in size and well below the free storage limit, has no formulas, and is located directly on my desktop.

14 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Can you please post a screen shot of you Script, If you created new Data Connection and check if Qlik accepts the file extension you trying to use...

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

are you using Qlik Sense Desktop or Qlik Sense Cloud ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Qlik Sense Cloud

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am trying to upload a simple excel file

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Can you upload that XL file here?

We'll try it for you...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

See Attached

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Untitled.png

I could successfully load your file in few seconds.

Check your Data Connections, I don't understand why you cannot load it in your system?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That does not work for me (I am on free version as well). Also, I would prefer to know why I cannot just drop the file. If we do adapt this, our offshore team needs to have the ease of simply dropping an excel file for the data load, not writing a script. I want to know why am I unable to just drop the file as shown as in the tutorial videos. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions by the way. 

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Are you following above steps?

1. Create a new app

2. Drop the XL file into Qlik

3. Click ADD DATA at the bottom

4. Click LOD DATA on top right

5. Check the EDIT SCRIPT

Qlik would Auto Generate Script for you like below

Untitled.png

I'm doing this in Qlik Sense Desktop Sep 2017 version.