Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raju_insights
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Dataset truncated when exporting a straight table.

Hi Techies!

We are facing a problem while exporting a straight table. We are getting the following message.

Export Complete

Your exported data is ready for download. Please note that your dataset was too large and has been truncated.

We want to get full data.

1. How to avoid this data being truncated.

2. By default how many rows we can export from Straight table without dataset being truncated.

7 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

QV will export to Excel up to 65500 rows, after which it will export a CSV (into Excel).

I get an error trying to export more than 1m rows, but this is an Excel error because Excel can't open a CSV file with more rows than that. I think QV is limited only be memory, although it may take a long time to generate such a large export.

Can you do the export with a STORE command in the load script? This is not subject to these limits.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is a QV 'easter egg' that will allow you to export more the 65500 rows to Excel. From the menu click Help | About, and then right click the QV icon in the bottom left of the about page. Select RowLimitForCsvInsteadOfXls and change this to a larger number.

Warning - this setting is user specific, unsupported and may change without notice. And Exports larger than 65536 rows will be split over multiple tabs.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
raju_insights
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Jonathan Dienst,

In Qlik View we can extend the number of row limits by changing the settings.

Here is what I did.

1.In qlik view -> Help -> About Qlik view

2. On About Qlik view window, right clik the bottom left corner logo to open settings window.

3.In settings window, changed the value of RowLimitForCsvInsteadOfXls from 65550 to 2000000

and executed

Load

RowNo() as Row

AutoGenerate 2000000;

for testing.

When I export this to excel, 2million rows were split in 31 sheets in a single excel file.

This is what happens in Qlik View. So in Qlik View we can extend the limits.

Like this how can we extend the limits in Qlik sense.

raju_insights
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Yes Exactly, like this how can we do in Qlik Sense ?

Not applicable

Also interested by a solution in Qlik Sense to be able to export a much larger dataset

Not applicable

Also interested by a solution in Qlik Sense to be able to export a much larger dataset

Not applicable

seems to be resolved in sense 2.2.3.  also, the limit in previous versions seems to have been 1,000,000 cells (as opposed to number of rows)