Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeosoftRim
Contributor III
Contributor III

Date - Filters

Hello , 

I am new to Qlik and I encountered a problem handling dates:
I want to sort by day of the week in a bar chart and the bars from Monday to Diamanche or January to December, but I can't seem to get it.
I also want to add the filters on the pgraph in attachments and I cannot find them.
Thanks in advance for the help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zwilson_borg
Contributor III
Contributor III

When you have a bar chart, it tends to sort descending by the y-value. To change this, go to the Sorting section on the properties panel on the right (Should be just below data). This should show the order in which the chart sorts. Use the hamburger bars on the right to select the day week / month and drag it to the top of the list. This should sort it based on the x-axis rather than the y axis values. From there you can also specify ascending/descending. Make sure you values are Dual type so they are sorted based on their rank and not their string values.

When editing the sheet, you should be able to select the filter pane and add dimension to be filtered. If you have more options than what can visibly fit on the filter pane, then you will get the triple dot button. This will allow you to expand your filter pane to full screen to see all options. If you want to see all the filter pane dimensions at all times, then you will have to make the object larger (taller/wider)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
zwilson_borg
Contributor III
Contributor III

When you have a bar chart, it tends to sort descending by the y-value. To change this, go to the Sorting section on the properties panel on the right (Should be just below data). This should show the order in which the chart sorts. Use the hamburger bars on the right to select the day week / month and drag it to the top of the list. This should sort it based on the x-axis rather than the y axis values. From there you can also specify ascending/descending. Make sure you values are Dual type so they are sorted based on their rank and not their string values.

When editing the sheet, you should be able to select the filter pane and add dimension to be filtered. If you have more options than what can visibly fit on the filter pane, then you will get the triple dot button. This will allow you to expand your filter pane to full screen to see all options. If you want to see all the filter pane dimensions at all times, then you will have to make the object larger (taller/wider)

GeosoftRim
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank your for your Help !