Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mguthrie
Contributor II
Contributor II

Date fields in the same filter?

I have a very odd data set being pulled from 2 third party applications.

Basically 1 data set is composed of 3 parts of data that all relate based on a quoteid, the second set of data is 1 chunk that contains all the data it needs.

To get the total picture I basically need to have the numbers from these two added together (which I think I have down already) but filtering is eluding me. The only thing the data sets should be linked on is the name of the agent that is doing the work. I have dates in each data set that ideally I could combine into a big filter so that if I filter to year 2016 it filters the dates on both of them. I don't want to name the dates the same because it jacks up the linking. Any ideas, comments, or suggestions? Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

2 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Create a composite key with Name&'-'&Date and use this to link the table

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
mguthrie
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

how do I combine the dates into the same filter though? The data sets comprise two different time periods the first has data from this year and the second has data from the previous 4 years. So the data ranges are mutually exclusive 1 will have 2016 forward and the other has 2012-2015.

Here is a link to my import scrips if that is helpful. I tried to add the composite key but it didnt really help.

http://pastebin.com/pMsAiG6U