Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luk_B
Contributor III
Contributor III

Date format depending on Region selection / availability

Hi,

Is there a way to control date format in the load script depending on a dimension?

So for example if Region is US then date format should be different than Europe.

Thanks,

Luke

Labels (1)
8 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

you could do programmatically. i.e. load region, format combination into a table. use that to format the date field

i dont believe there is a way to do it out of the box

MayilVahanan

Hi @Luk_B 

Its looks similar to this. Please verify

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Layout-Visualizations/Date-formatting-working-as-expression-b...

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Luk_B
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Thank you for your reply Mayil.

Yes, I try to avoid any changes on the frontend. Unfortunately user asked about such functionality in the end of the project when all is almost done and there is quite a lot of places where I would have to change that + it is 6 different date fields.

Thanks,

Luke

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Is there one Region for an instance of the app?  Or within the app is there data from different regions?

-Rob

Luk_B
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Rob,

Within the app there is data from different regions.

If that helps, data for each country / region is concatenated in the loop (per country).It was needed because there are a few fields which have a different status depending on country being a project leading country or not.

Thanks,

Luke

Luk_B
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Trying below as a test I have hoped for something 🙂

Luk_B_0-1604497351760.png

but trying a different date it clarified 

Luk_B_1-1604497799556.png

Thanks,

Luke

Luk_B
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sorry, I am replying to myself, but I did some further testing and Applymap may help.

I will post when I test it on the project.

Thanks,

Luke

Luk_B
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Rob,

I've tried the ideas I had (to have different date formats in the same field depending on country), but it doesn't work, or at least for some reason it is not consistent.

Would you have some suggestions?

Thanks,

Luke