Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhmmd_srf
Creator II
Creator II

Date format is not working in Where Clause

Hi All,

I have date format with millisecond. I am converting the time into DD-MON-YY and trying to apply this in where clause. But it is not working. Below is my script:

Transaction:

LOAD "CORE_ID",

TAG3,

TAG4,

DIRECTION;

SQL SELECT "CORE_ID",

TAG3,

TAG4,

DIRECTION

//FROM DCCE."SMR_CC_PROCESS" where TAG4 >='22-Sep-16 01.00.45.000000327 AM' ;

FROM DCCE."SMR_CC_PROCESS" where Date(Date#((Left(TAG4,18)),'DD-MMM-YY hh.mm.ss'),'DD-MMM-YY hh.mm.ss') >='22-Sep-16 01.00.45' ;

First clause (commented out) is working fine, however second is not working properly.

Could you help me on this.

Regards,

Sarif

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

As Stefan said, the problem is that you cannot use Qlik functions in SQL statement.

But, in your particular example, you can try

FROM DCCE."SMR_CC_PROCESS" where TAG4 >='22-Sep-16 01.00.45' ;

I think it will return the result you want(?)

View solution in original post

12 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Everything after SQL SELECT is sent to the  SQL driver and executed by the driver. You can't use QV functions like Date#() etc. in this part. Use SQL functions only.

mhmmd_srf
Creator II
Creator II
Author

okk...Stefan.. let me try...

millan123
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Sarif,

You got the Solution?? yes then mark answer as correct/Helpful

mhmmd_srf
Creator II
Creator II
Author

definitely....first let me try ...once it is resolved...I will surely mark as usefull..

Anonymous
Not applicable

As Stefan said, the problem is that you cannot use Qlik functions in SQL statement.

But, in your particular example, you can try

FROM DCCE."SMR_CC_PROCESS" where TAG4 >='22-Sep-16 01.00.45' ;

I think it will return the result you want(?)

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Just to add / clarify my above statement:

You can add one QV specific piece to the SQL SELECT ...; part, this is a dollar sign expanded variable, like

SQL SELECT

FROM TABLE

WHERE  FIELD = '$(vVariable)';

The variable is expanded to text before the complete statement is sent to the driver.

mhmmd_srf
Creator II
Creator II
Author

That we tried..but did not worked. That's why I thought to check with hardcoding.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

I would rather say to use the right to_date() function on DB level to do a proper numerical comparison in Where Clause. But don't know what vendor (Oracle?) this is..

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, in general it would be right to use database own date/time functions, depending on what DB it is.  In this particular case formatting doesn't look necessary.