Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Highlighted
dushan1987
New Contributor II

Date format issue

Hi, 

When I change the julian date into calender date, It is getting the date format as below

M/D/YYYY 12:00:00 AM

I want to change this into YYYY/MM/DD format. 

but Date#(M/D/YYYY 12:00:00 AM,'YYYY/MM/DD') is not working. I am getting data from AS400 database.

I am using following query to make the julian to calender dateconversion.

Date#(TimeStamp ( MakeDate( Floor(GBUPDT / 1000) ) + 1000 * Frac(GBUPDT / 1000) -1 ),'YYYY/MM/DD')as GLC_Date

Please help on this

Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Date format issue

Julian format means - How much byte it got stored? May be just this?

Date(Date#(GBUPDT, 'M/D/YYYY hh:mm:ss TT'),'YYYY/MM/DD')

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
7 Replies
Partner
Partner

Hi!

1) You triyng interpet timestamp by datestamp format. Format parameter in Date# is for input string interpretation as date, Date without # is for integer Date value format conversion.

2) What is M/D/YYYY 12:00:00 AM  in Date#(M/D/YYYY 12:00:00 AM,'YYYY/MM/DD') expression?

Its must be a string or field/variable with text date representation.

Use it like this: Date#('12/20/2018','MM/DD/YYYY')

Julian format means - How much byte it got stored? May be just this?

Date(Date#(GBUPDT, 'M/D/YYYY hh:mm:ss TT'),'YYYY/MM/DD')

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
dushan1987
New Contributor II

HI, 

M/D/YYYY 12:00:00 AM is the date format which is coming from the julian to calender conversion.

Can you post few records from GBUPDT with expected result

dushan1987
New Contributor II

Thanks 

dushan1987
New Contributor II

Hi, resolved the previous issue. Also I need to get the monthly average when selecting a date. when I select a date, the value should not be changed by date and should remain as the monthly average. Please help on this too

Please open new thread from next on wards, Perhaps this?

Avg({<Date=>} TOTAL <Month> Sales)