Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mj26
Partner - Contributor III

Deallocating Professional License to an account who created a Qlik application

Hi,

I would just like to inquire what will happen if the Professional license of a user account that was used to create Qlik applications was deallocated then allocated to a new user account. Will the other users cannot access the Qlik applications that was created by that user? 

Hope someone can help with my inquiry. Thanks. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hi @mj26,

When a user logs in to Qlik Sense or the QMC, the user data is automatically retrieved.

So, if you ask the user to connect to the HUB with his credential, it should appears to the users list.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hello @mcjavier,

You will just have to change the app owner from QMC --> application.

So that the new user will have the full access to the Application.

Regards,

Benoit

mj26
Author

Hi Benoit,

Thanks for this. But will there be an issue if we deallocate the license from the Qlik applications owner? I have read a thread here in Community about having a 7 day quarantine.  Would you know about that? 

Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hi @mj26,

Having the owner of an app with no License assigned (or with the Status quarantined) is not an issue as soon as other users have access to the Stream were is published the application. If the application is not published, then you can change the owner from QMC.

Regards,

Benoit

Benoit_C
Support
Support

About quarantined status, it means if you remove professional access allocation from a user, the access type is put in quarantine, if it has been used within the last seven days. If it has not been used within the last seven days, the professional access is released immediately. You can reinstate quarantined professional access, to the same user, within seven days.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/February2022/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

mj26
Author

Hi Benoit, 

Thank you for this, however, upon checking, there is no available Quarantined status nor Reinstate option. And also the user account which I have deallocated the license is not to be found when I am trying to re-allocate the license to the same user.

Please assist. Thanks.

Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hi @mj26,

What is your exact qlik Sense version ? And what kind of license do you have ? SLK or LEF ?

Do you find the user in QMC --> users ?

Regards,

Benoit

mj26
Author

Hi @Benoit_C , 

See below responses:

1. Qlik version: May 2021 14.20.5

2. Type of license: LEF

3. User cannot be found in QMC --> Users

Thank you.

Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hi @mj26,

If this user doesn't exist anymore then it's not possible to assign a license to him.

All license you can assign are against the QMC users list.

mj26
Author

Hi @Benoit_C , 

Please advise how can he be added again in the list of QMC users since we did not remove his account from the list. It was not available when we deallocated his license.