Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
albena_mitova
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Default Bookmarks not working with Sheet Restrictions

Hello everyone,

I have the following issue - I had a default bookmark on my application with several selections and a landing page. It was working as expected until I had the requirement to implement sheet restrictions on the application - meaning that applying a custom security rule sheets were hid from specific users via a custom property on each user and corresponding tags in the description of each sheet of my application.

After the restrictions were implemented when the app is re-published the default bookmarks do not longer apply on opening the app. If the user has privileges to the landing page of the bookmark they could manually apply the bookmark and it will take them to that page and apply the selections. If the user doesn't have privileges a massage is displayed saying that as of the restrictions applied on the sheets only the selections will me made.

That's fine and logical but even if I make a landing page that everyone have access to, still the bookmark is not applying on opening the app. Is there any other way to apply default bookmark/selections when we have sheet restrictions? I guess the issue comes from the default landing page but as far as I know that cannot be removed.

here is my code for the security rule (not the most elegant solution but works as needed):

(((resource.resourcetype="App.Object")) and ((resource.published="true")) and
(((resource.objectType="sheet")) and
(((resource.description like "*Admin*" and user.@SheetPermission="Admin")) or ((resource.description like "*User*" and user.@SheetPermission="User")) )

))

or resource.objectType="app_appscript"
or resource.objectType="dimension"
or resource.objectType="embeddedsnapshot"
or resource.objectType="genericvariableentry"
or resource.objectType="hiddenbookmark"
or resource.objectType="masterobject"
or resource.objectType="measure"
or resource.objectType="snapshot"
or resource.objectType="story"
or resource.objectType="bookmark"

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
albena_mitova
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Found the solutions - added this - or resource.objectType="appprops" . Seems that's the resource object type that allows users to see default bookmarks. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
albena_mitova
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Found the solutions - added this - or resource.objectType="appprops" . Seems that's the resource object type that allows users to see default bookmarks. 

TonySiao
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello @albena_mitova,

I have currently encounter this same case and want to know from you which rules has cause this problem?

Case: When opening our app the default bookmark is not automatically working and the desire landing page was incorrect as it points to app overview. Sometimes the default bookmark works when User has their first time to open the app but then it remain to the app overview as landing page.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,