Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmatic
Contributor II
Contributor II

Default Date Selection

Hello everyone,

New to Qlik Sense and I am building my first application. I am building a Pivot Chart in order to look at 3 metrics over the last 8 days for several hundred values (as dimension).

I added the Date Picker object and I am trying to set a default start and end date. For the end date I just select the Max(FieldNameDate), but for the start date, how do I select the Max(FieldNameDate) but subtract 8 days from that?

I saw some post here about using expressions, however, I don't fully understand what the expressions are doing.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you all.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bmatic
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you all for your input. I was able to figure out the way to do this with you dataset with the help of another local QlikSense dev.

Basically I was able to import all my data, but limit the dataset for a pivot table to just the last 8 days but using the code below for all my measures.

Only({<[dateField] = {">$(=Date(Today() - 8))"}>}[measure])

View solution in original post

6 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

bmatic
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your response. However, I could not get this to work.

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Just realized you are using date picker (guessing from the bundle). Dont believe there is a way to do that with that.

i know it is possible in some paid extensions e.g. climber selections bar

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

bmatic
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you all for your input. I was able to figure out the way to do this with you dataset with the help of another local QlikSense dev.

Basically I was able to import all my data, but limit the dataset for a pivot table to just the last 8 days but using the code below for all my measures.

Only({<[dateField] = {">$(=Date(Today() - 8))"}>}[measure])